Thursday, January 21, 2010

Week 2

Week two flew by! I can't believe it.. this time next week i'll be in Toronto. The MTC really is a great place but i'm excited to be leaving soon! The second week is harder cause you have to pray for and really strive for the fire of those first couple days when you feel like you can do anything. I love Ether 12:27 where is says I show unto men their weaknesses and then it also says that through Christ our weak things can be made strong. I have definantly felt that here. I am aware of so many weaknesses but i'm being helped. My fears are stilled. I went to the Refferal center yesterday and I talked to a man named Ronald for 25 minutes. It was pretty intense. He's been meeting with the missionaries and reading the book of mormon and went to church twice but he's also been reading some anti-mormon literature and so we talked about that a lot. I am not a confrontational person but it was amazing to feel the spirit work with me.. I was able to be bold which scares me.. I shared scriptures and bore my testimony. He said that he read the Joseph Smith had tried to have people killed and that he was really just trying to get money by copyrighting the book of mormon. It was neat to be able to discuss with him and keep the spirit there. I showed him the scripture in Matthew 7 about by there fruits you shall know if they are good or evil. I promised him that if he continued to read the book of mormon and go to church he would continue to enjoy the fruits of what Joseph Smith restored and come to know he was a prophet of God.He said he would keep reading and meeting with the missionaries! I'm really excited to share this message and promise blessings. I am trying to think of everything i want to write but it's hard to remember.. So im leaving the 26th and we have to be to the travel office at 4 in the morning so i have a feeling it's going to be a long day. we'll stop in Cincinnati and arrive in Toronto at 3:53. Wow. This is so real and I love it. A big thing that is taught here in the MTC is obedience... It is so important. Striving to be obedient brings strenth and blessings. I am so glad waking up hasn't been to difficult. Kickboxing this morning to pumped up church music was fun although I was still practically asleep the whole time:) I woke up this morning and my companion said hey I think you taught the first three lessons last night... my poor roomies.. the second night here I had a dream I couldn't find my companion and they said I was sitting up in my bed saying "sister, siissster, ssssiiisster".... I guess i was pretty distraught. I've also asked them to look up scriptures in my sleep. I bet they'll miss me when we leave the MTC. It is different to be with someone 24/7 but I'm blessed to have someone who is really great, we very rarely get perturbed... is that a word? One problem we've been having is that one of the sisters in our room has extremely smelly feet... I felt so bad the other day cause i went to clip my toenails and I got down on the floor but I sat by her shoes and i was like woah my feet really stink and she was like... oh I think that's my shoes.. whoops... she is a really great girl and we all laugh about it.. it reminds my of that childrens book I love you stinky feet. Anyway all's well.. I'm trying my best to stay focused. Thank you for all the support and love! If you're reading this I want to hear from you. I didn't have time to write down any addresses before I left so I can't write you till you write me! Sure love you. I challenge everyone to pick an area of your life that you want to do better in and set a goal. Let Heavenly Father know about it and he'll help you out. In preach my gospel it says making goals in an act of faith. if you're looking for a way to exercise you're faith than this is a way you can. Bingo! I love the gospel. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to be learning and testifying about what I believe. I'm super grateful for all of you. TIme is running out. I need grandma and grandpa's address.. Oh i went to the makeup class here at the MTC that Grandma's friends teach and it was so fun to meet them and here them talk so highly of my grandparent's that i think so highly of! Ok well until next week be happy and grateful and positive and obedient.. you'll feel the spirit more and thus be even happier!I miss you.
Love Sister SAvage
From Sister Savage
From Sister Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment