Monday, October 4, 2010

BIG CHANGES!

So i recieved very humbling news this week. I'm going to be training in down town toronto. There will actually be three of us me, sister Hakaraia who is from New Zealand and has been out 6 weeks and then a new sister that will get here tomorrow. It's a bus area and so i'm going from one extreme to another. I'm so excited for all the adventures that are ahead.. pray for me. Patrick came to conference and was very impressed and he is just great. We've been so blessed and though i'm sad i'll miss his baptism i'm just so happy for him. I felt like so many of the conference talks were just for me. I loved hearing so much of hope and of being patient and grateful when God lets us struggle and that we need to be so watchful and careful. I thought so much of how all of you have done so much for me in helping choose good things and stay away from evil. Mostly be your examples. I'm sooo grateful. So sister swim and i are sad to part.. we've had the craziest experiences and it's funny cause we've been out in the country. This week we had a bird poop on my hand while we were tracting.. that was disconcerting. We taught a lesson about the word of wisdom where we took a water bottle and fillled it up with musturd and sesame oil and all sorts of stuff to show how bad substances make us unpure and afterward the people dumped it out for us and gave us it back. Well we have water bottles everywhere and we are always filling them up and we were just starting planning when sister swim took a drink of a newly filled water bottle. it registered to both of us at the same time that she was drinking out of that sick water bottle and her face was priceless hahaha! I'm trying to think of what else has been going on... while tracting this week i asked to adults if there parents were home cause they looked so young. they were not impressed. i haven't had that problem my whole mission and then withing two days i did it twice. We have met some of the sweetest kids lately... this one lady pretty harshly rejected us and her little boy went off and was like thanks so much for the offer though.. try those guys over there they like it... then when we were walking away we heard him say.. oh that was so nice of them. It made our day. Thanks so much for the oreo's mom... we didn an official test to see if american oreo's are better or canadian. We took it to Nikki to try them both and she was very thorough and the verdict was.. American oreo's are better :) We went to the old folks home for my last time and it was one of my sweetest.I fed one guy strawberry shortcake and he kept smiling so big. I gathered a bunch of wheel chairs around me and talked and sang to an old man a few old ladies there hands were cold so i took turns holding there hands... two of them kept kissing my hands.. they couldn't even talk. I'm just so grateful to know of the plan God has for us. I was thinking of them in there resurrected perfect bodies. It made think of Max as well since his birthday is coming up and I just felt so sure that there is so much more after this life. I'm thankful for that! Wow. I've loved the country. The people here are amazing and i'm so grateful i had the chance to serve here. I get all spectrums in this mission and i love it! I love you all... sorry to those i haven't had a chance to write back to yet.. you are not forgotten! I love you.All is well and i'm sure my next email will be a frantic one!


Sister savage

one of the members dog had puppies.. that is a brand new one... i've never seen one in real life before..it was the sweetest thing and they made the cutest noises. The mom kept sitting on them.. i kept thinking woah take it easy they just got here!



My last district

No comments:

Post a Comment