Monday, December 20, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I just can't believe it's this time of year again. I have been finding more meaning in Christmas this year and it's a hard way to find it but I truly rejoice more thinking of the Birth of our Saviour and what it means for our family. It was the beginning of his mission on earth and i'm so grateful for all that He has done for me. I'm strengthened everyday by the Spirit and the scriptures. I fininshed Moroni and I loved so much of it. I loved in Chp8 when mormon writes his son and says in vs 3," I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the FAther in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he through his infinite goodness and grace will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end." I feel that way about all of you! I love when he talks of how perfect children are and he says in vs 17 " i love little children with a perfect love; and they are all alike and partakers of salvation." I feel that way too. In Chp 9 vs 6 he says "And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation;for WE HAVE A LABOR TO PERFORM whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God." I like that cause it means even if you labor and don't see the results it's still so important to keep laboring and we will be at rest one day.and then in vs 25 it says, "but may Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings unto our fathers, and his mercy and long suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever." I have felt lifted  up. I love the scriptures. I love all of you. We still meet crazy people everyday.. some say we should be in modeling school and some say we deserve the death sentence... so they are both extremes. We have been doing a lot of christmas caroling which is freezing but fun. We had a mini mission for the youth and it was fun to take them out tracting and stuff... they took it really well :) This one guy said oh i've heard all about your church and i'm not interested and the girl i was with like it's not true look at this website and she managed to give him a card before he shut the door. It was a good time. Well I wish you all a very merry christmas and i'm excited to talk with you.         Love me

No comments:

Post a Comment