Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August 3 2010

It's been a great week. We don't have much time to email cause it was a holiday yesterday so all the libraries were closed and so we got permission to come during one of our breaks today. I am so sore right now.. we played Zone sports yesterday and i ran into the corner of a table and boy does it hurt! I showed sister swim my bruise and she said, " wow that looks like the solar system" haha it's pretty colorful. We have been plugging along. Tracting is always an adventure... this dog went nuts and the lady was so funny cause she could probably see the terror in my eyes. She had to run down the street after it cause it went after a kid on a skateboard and she was yelling he won't bite he's just a terrorist! We felt bad we let it out but it was pretty funny. We've had some miracles and some dissapointments but i'm just as grateful as ever. I read something in Phillipians that i love. Chapter 4 verses 11-13, "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased and I know how to abound:everywhere and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." I think this sums up being a missionary for me.. I feel on top of the world and at the same time like I NEED SO MUCH HELP. And that's great because my Savior wants to help me and he is and i'm just happy. I do some crazy stuff though sometimes.. I was calling a referral and I accidently started praying on their message machine.. I really had to try and smooth that one over but i luckily didn't start laughing till i hung up. whoops. We met with our wonderful investigator Marilyn today and she is doing so great! She asks awesome questions and she is so refreshing to teach. I can't believe Laurie is off to buffalo.. I was thinking it's a good thing it was after I left cause I can handle leaving much more than being left. I love you all and you are all in my prayers! Do something nice for someone. God is aware of us all and uses us to answer prayers... that I know! love me

No comments:

Post a Comment