Monday, July 26, 2010

What a week! Letter 2

Well Sister Swim and I have had quite a week! We got over five more hours of tracting then i have ever gotten this week and we are pooped but excited cause we found a lot of potential investigators and a few new ones. At one door we were talking to the lady and her little boy was standing there telling us to come in and he was saying it over and over and so she let us in and he did not stop talking the whole time and he said the funniest stuff. I love kids. Saturday morning Sister Swim and I were sitting there kind of frustrated and saying man we just want to find someone who is really seeking and that it won't be like pulling teeth to get them to read or come to church and then we went and taught a lady we had talked to named Marilyn and guess what she called herself.. A SEEKER! and she had read the pamphlet and really like it especially the title.. The Restoration:) She loves the idea of the Church being Christ church restored. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she's excited to read it. Wow. We are blessed. I feel like we have to work a lot harder to talk to people out here but we're helped and it's such a privilege to just give all you've got and know that it's the Lord's work and that's all he expects of me. We've had some funny experiences this week. I cooked some salmon and i put a glass lid on it.. then I put the lid in the sink and turned the water and and it exploded! It was pretty crazy! I've never seen that happen before. We have bikes here but no helmets and so last week we went and bought helmets and we decided this morning that we were going to ride them to the library today. so we got them on and went to get on the bikes and they were really stuck together i mean REALLY stuck.. and so we were trying really hard and all the sudden this mammoth spider came out from under the seat and we both dropped the bikes and screamed a lot and then we kept finding more spiders and and finally I was like lets just shake them. So We picked the bikes up and shook them for awhile and they came apart! It was amazing! It was probably a pretty embarrassing display though cause we look like little kids with our pink and blue helmets and we were jumping and screaming a lot. then i got on one of them and the seat was really high up so i had to postion it just right so i get get started I felt like I did when I was little.I got started though and thought we were good. We had to stop to cross the street and when it was our turn to go my peddles weren't in the right place so I tipped over and then I started to get that embarrassed panicky feeling and I couldn't get going and I just looked ridiculous.. so sister swim and I switched bikes:) She's great. The weather has been really crazy this week lots of rain and then it gets really hot and humid too. Thankfully we have an air conditioning unit in our bedroom and we always talk about it. I sleep sooo much better now. So all is going really well i'm excited for this transfer! Thanks for all you do I love you all so much! have a wonderful day!
Love sister savage

1 comment:

  1. As much as I like this letter...I'm anxious to read the new one. Where on earth is it?! ;)

    ReplyDelete