Monday, July 12, 2010

More Changes! Letter 26

Count your blessings name them one by one, count your blessings see what God has done! I want each of you to know that when i count my blessings I count you. I'm just so grateful. Yesterday a lady gave a talk on gratitude and she quoted something about how we should make lists of our blessings and at the end feel like.. wow I think Heavenly Father loves me best. I feel like that. I've been given everything especially when it comes to what really matters. I want so much to exercise greater faith so that I can help others feel that way. It really is about feeling it and not having it. To someone else i might look like I have everything.. but I do! I'm just happy. So transfers is this week. Sister Stebar has been out in the country for four transfers and is now going to my old area! She is really nervous to go to the city but i'm excited for her. My new companions name is Sister Swim and she is from Hawaii and she is really peppy and i'm excited.. we are going to really nuckle down and kneel down and find those who are just waiting for us to find them! I think i told you about a poem one of my zone leaders shared at the beginning of my mission about vikings burning there ships.. well i got it and it goes like this.
Burn the fleet by thrice
in this dark night we stand or we fall,
we are kings now, or nothing at all.
Check your armour, light up the torch
touch the flame to the sail before you head to the shore
and we will burn the fleet.
We can never go home, it's on to victory or underground
burn the fleet we'll be hero's or ghosts,
but we won't be turned around.
The old flag will burn with the sail
and a new one won't fly if we fail.
but the fire continues to rise and it shows
not a hint of any fear in our eyes.
I like that because in my case i know we won't fail so it's not scary to leave behind everything and go work and give this my all because I know that the gospel is true. I know that we are on the Lords side and I can't imagine being anywhere else! I'm so happy to be here! Well today we went on a boat tour of a thousand islands. it was relaxing.. I like boats.. we even were in america for a bit! there is a cool castle on one of the islands but it's a sad story. There was a man who really loved his wife and so he started building it and then she died three months before it was finished. So he just left it. someone eventually fixed it up and it's pretty cool! I love ya!
Sister Savage

I want to challenge all of you priesthood holders.. especially my brothers in law to write me and tell me what the priesthood means to you. I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks I love ya!

The first pic is us with the castle behind us
the next one is us by the us and canadian flags :)
From Sister Savage
From Sister Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment