Monday, July 5, 2010

wow! Letter 25

It doesn't feel like the fourth of july probably cause i'm not with all of you and i'm in Canada :) I hope you all have a great day together. I'm doing great. it is pretty sticky out and hot today. We've really been trying to be more obedient and to have faith in finding and we are being blessed. I'm just soaking all this learning and experience up. I feel like the MTC was traing for a mission and a mission is some major training for life! So i'm in the LTC.. life training center. We met a cool family and the guy had read the pamphlet when we came back and he was like everything i want to hear is in that pamphlet but how do i know someone just didn't make that up... cool eh! We are excited to keep teaching him and helping to know it's true! Sister stebar laughed at me after our appointment cause I was all giddy.. i love having the opportunity to teach of truth. There is an amazing quote by Elder Wirthlin that says, "Perseverance is a POSTIVE, ACTIVE characteristic. It is not idly passively waiting and hoping for something good to happen. It gives us HOPE by helping us realize that the righteouss suffer NO FAILURE except in giving up and no longer trying." Wow did that bring comfort to my soul. Sometimes i feel like i'm failing but we never are if we are trying. Just don't give up.. I can do that.. and so can you! I'm so grateful for the scriptures. I love D&C section 6. I've been wondering about answers to prayers and such and verse 14 &15 really hit home for me. "Verily, verily, I say unto thee,blessed art though for what thou hast done; for thou hast inquired of me, and behold as often as thou hast inquired thou hast received instruction of my spirit. If it had not been so, thou wouldst not have come to the place ( CAnada Toronto East Mission) where you art at this time. Behold thou knowest that thou hast inquired of me and I did enlighten thy mind; and now I tell thee these things that thou mayest know that thou has been enlightened by the spirit of truth." I know i've been directed here and i'm so grateful for the answers to my prayers! the Spirit is amazing. Wow i just feel so blessed right now. In PEC on sunday someone was talking about how a bunch of beaver dams had broke because of all the rain and sister brown was like "Did the beavers make a mistake?" she was so concerned it was sweet. I'm going to attach a picture of me jumping for joy in the new outfit Jen sent me.. it was fun to have a whole new outfit to put on... i've got the best sisters ever! Love you all so much!
Love Sister Savage
From Sister Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment