Monday, September 20, 2010

Hello again!

This week sister Swim and I both got pretty sick but we still did our best and we are being blest. I thought I was tired but being sick really wipes you out. My mind has been so foggy.. It was embarrassing because I was telling someone to look at our website and I was trying to tell them there were little clips of people and their experiences and instead i told them there were little people and their experiences... whoops. I had to give a talk yesterday and the power was out and my voice was struggling but i made it through.. it was really different talking in a very dim chapel without a microphone. When the power came on during the second speaker the mormon tabernacle choir blared from the speakers and woke everyone up.. it was pretty funny. Patrick came to church again yesterday which is amazing. He is such a trooper. He is 76 and has parkinsons but he has been awesome.. this week we met with him and he was asking lots of questions about the baptismal font and if he'd be able to get in and out.. so that's promising! The elders met a lady who dyes silk at some fair and so we all went and made scarves or ties today and that was fun. She has a parrot and the elders had been holding it but when i went to put my hand out it bit me really hard.. sure scared me. I guess it doesn't like the color red and I am wearing a red shirt. Then I was ironing my scarf and it kept coming up and pecking my bare feet.. birds are kind of scary. I am so blessed and learning so much...today I was reading Jesus The Christ and it was talking about when people were accusing Christ of healing people by the power of satan and it was so interesting because He tells them you can say whatever you want about me as a man but don't associate the power I have with that of satans because it is the power of God. I just love how humble our Savior is. He took persecution and rejection patiently and preached the truth. I love you all and am grateful for all of you support. Have a fabulous week! love me!

No comments:

Post a Comment