Monday, July 25, 2011

Can this really be?

I just keep thinking back to the first email I ever sent and it feels like it was just yesterday. It's amazing how it can seem so long and so short all at the same time. I have been overwhelmed by the spirit once again and have been able to find a lot of peace in the different challenges and realities that I've been facing. I am so grateful for that. I'm so so so grateful for that and that I haven't been too sad or unable to focus. I've thought a lot about what I've learned most and I think to sum it up it is to love more, be happy, and press on. I know now how much the gospel and my family and friends mean to me in a way that I would never have been able to if I hadn't of had this experience. I'll be grateful everyday for forever for the opportunity I've had to serve a full time mission. Many things that I always thought would break me in life have happened to me in this last year and a half and through the Atonement and grace of God I have made it to this point and I know He will continue to carry me through. It sure isn't me that's made it, I have been brought to this point in my Saviors arms. I know that's true. I am so excited to see where He takes me and all the joys that are ahead! This past week there was a big heat wave.. it was sooo hot and humid. We are blessed with air conditioning in our car and apartment though so it wasn't too bad. Today it poured rain. I opened the door and put a chair in front of it and watched it and listened to the thunder it was pretty neat. We had a plan of salvation night at the church on the the hottest day so not too many showed up but it was still really fun. We had rooms set up and did a tour of the Plan of Salvation. I was showing a member how it was going to go and I walked out the door where they were going to talk about the creation and Adam and eve and a hornet flew right at my head and stung my ear... good gravy it hurt. There is a big nest by that door so it really was a blessing in disguise cause we figured that out before it got started and so we used a different door. I walked around with ice on my ear for ten minutes and then it was fine. I'm glad I'm not allergic. So with the missions combining this whole going home thing is a big mystery. I still haven't got any information about what's going to be happening but I'm sure it will all work out. I am so excited and anxious. It all seems very unreal though. I am itching to hold a baby so bad! Oh how I love you. I am one blessed sister missionary to have such an amazing support group to come home to. I love you and am so grateful and so sure that the church is true!


Signing off for the last time

Love Sister Savage

wow that was the wrong approach to ending cause now I feel like crying!

No comments:

Post a Comment