Monday, February 22, 2010

Letter 6

Hello! So I'm hoping my message is more clear this week. my emails tend to be full of mistakes and run on thoughts and such but there's just not much time. This week has been great. I scared Sister Simons silly the other night cause I woke up and for some reason i was draped over the end of her bed and i was trying to move quietly back to my bed but she woke up and I really scared her... whoops!
I've been thinking a lot about the words encouraged and discouraged.. life is full of of these feelings and it feels like a rollercoaster. So instead of trying to figure out which way i'm feeling all the time i've decided to just be couraged! No matter what we can keep going on. My mission president wrote us today and said he heard a talk that said a day with out a problem is a wasted one. We are meant to struggle but we don't have to lose our courage to believe.. to have faith.. to endure. We have the gospel.. so we have everything. I read a scripture this week in D&C 6: 33-36 "Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward. Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; LET EARTH AND HELL COMBINE AGAINST YOU, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail. Behold I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more;perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you. Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." I found it so interesting because usually when someone is trying to comfort you they say it's ok everything will be fine, it won't be as bad as you think... but not here, he says let earth and hell combine against you. I know if your trying to to good they will combine against you but I also know that like it says if we are built upon the rock of our Redeemer they won't prevail. We sure learn a lot from our struggles if we let ourselves. So yesterday was probably my favorite day so far on the mission.. it was actually kind of warm but better than that we had a family come to church that we've been teaching and they really liked it and It was the most stressful and wonderful church i've ever sat through! We are going to keep teaching and they want to keep coming and i'm super excited and overwhelmed. We've beem so blessed. Charles another man we taught this past week came to church too.. we haven't had any invesigators actually come and yesterday we had 5! And you know what i appreciated the most.. how welcoming the members were. wow.
I hope all is well! Thanks for all the support. I LOVE hearing from you!
All my love, Sister Savage
From Sister Savage
From Sister Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment