Monday, February 1, 2010

Week 3

Well I have so much to write! My last few days at the MTC were great and full of anticipation. Let me tell you some miracles. I was curling hair and getting ready time at the MTC is almost nonexistant so I was going fast and somehow I picked you my curling iron by the barrel instead of the handle. I really grabbed on and then dropped it of course but I felt the burn and I was not looking forward to keeping ice on it all day. So i ran to the bathroom and ran it under cold water and it was the crazeist thing my fingers looked shiney like they were burned and my hand felt funny but it didn't burn... it didn't bug me at all. Isn't that great! wow! Then I lost my book of Mormon.. after looking everywhere I sat down on the ground and when i looked up I could see it in a crack at the top of my bed.. phew! So Getting to the travel office at 4:00 in the morning was a joke! I had three bags plus a box full of candy (thanks barb:) and I dropped it four times so I left a candy trail through the MTC but i'm sure the missionaries took care of it.. plus I broke my handle off... we laughed but really it was quite stressful. Ok laurie i'm going to have to send you another email finishing this. I love you so much!
I thought My session was going to close.. Ok lets see. The flights were good. I got to talk to Dad and then the time ran out so I didn't say I love you... so I love you dad.. and I only had enough change for one more call so I called mom and right when she answered and Elder came up and told me we needed to go so sorry it was so short mom! On the flight from Ohio to Toronto There was an Indian man sitting in front of me and he turned around and asked me who I was with! my first contact and he contacted me! He asked alot of questions and really liked what I was saying and he wanted a book of mormon and it was awesome! There really are those who are prepared. Then when we got to the airport we met our mission president and wife who are amazing and very tall! We had dinner and a new missionary meeting and my goodness did I feel the spirit. I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest. Our mission theme is that Toronto is the best mission in the World because we are the world. I've already talked to people from twenty one different countries! Wow! I know i'm supposed to be here.. I can already tell it's going to be hard to always be my best but that if i'm trying it's enough. My trainer is Sister Simons from taylorsville Ut and she is really cool. We are whitewashing an area which means there hasn't been sisters for awhile and so neither of us know are way around or any of the members so it's been an adventure. We get pretty lost sometimes. I should of practiced my navigating skills before I came... I must say I love maps though I love seeing where I am and where we need to go and figuring out how to get there. Just like life, and as a member of the church i've got a really reliable map! The elders play something called killball in the morning.. i'm terrible at it and I make an easy target. My goodness it's cold here... i mean it is freezing! Tracting is like seeing how long you can stand to be in a freezer. My coat and hat I love and they are really warm but what about my face? I can't wear a ski mask... i guess a frozen face is just one of the sacrifices :) We were out visiting the memebers and Sister Peard fed us and then we were getting in the car and I realized I left my bag so I had to go back in and grab it. Then we went to the carters who live in an apartment on the 8 floor and the we were getting into the car and guess what I left my bag there too! So i was feeling pretty dumb and sister Simons was on the phone and we were waiting for the elevator and this lady walked up so i was talking to her and she was really interested.. I asked when we could see her and she said right now would be great! She then proceeded to say things like "I just feel like there something i'm missing" and " I feel really excited" and " I think I was meant to meet you" how golden is that! we went back and taught her the next day and showedher the restoration dvd and she loved it so we'll be going back again. Her name is Marysusan and she has had a lot of problems so pray for her!I know God is a God of miracles and I love being a missionary! I hope all is well! I don't think I gave anyone my address here in Canada.. whoops.. I forgot to do a lot of things! The mission office address is
24 Ferrand Drive Suite 300
Don Mills ON M3C 3V4
and my apartment one is
130 George Henry, #307
Toronto ON M2J IG3
send packages to the office.. it's the safest choice i think. The mission president said not to go through ups cause someone had to pay 92 dollars to pick up a package once and that you don't have to write out every thing in it you canjust put gifts and not to do over 20 dollars on the ticket think... i'm not sure why it's just what they said :) I love you all so much and miss you! It's been hard to go from getting mail twice a day at the MTC to here where I don't know when i'll get it. I hear mail can be pretty slow! Pray for me that I don't freeze!
Love SIster SAvage

No comments:

Post a Comment