Monday, February 8, 2010

Week 4 letter

Hello hello hello.. or Salom.. I'm learning a little farsi while i'm here.. it's fun:) It's amazing that people from Iran and afghanistan are being baptized here.. it's so cool. They are wonderful people. One of the new sister's name is Eli and she is FUNNy.. I don't even know what she is saying but we laugh a lot. It was an amazing testimony meeting yesterday..It is neat to here converts from all of the world bear testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. It's so true. That's what makes it hard when people don't accept it. I was reading today about Christ and it said that he went forth ministering with great authority and glory.. and they cast him out. So everytime someone shuts the door I just need to remember the message is true and people rejected if from the greatest missionary ever. It is amazing to know that my SAvior knows exactly what I am feeling and what I need. Marysusan the lady I wrote about last week dropped us :( It's just so sad to me cause i know it's what she needs. We met a really cool guy from Egypt named George. Wow is he looking for truth. The spirit was really strong as we taught him and after he told us that he had had the worst day ever in his whole life until we came and he didn't want us to leave. We are going back on wednesday and he seems really excited. This message is amazing. Wow. So My first week here I seriously was struggling staying awake during study time.. I was feeling pretty down on my self. I've really been praying and I know Heavenly Father knows are desires and he wants to bless us. These past few days i've felt more awake in the morning than I have in years! such a blessing. OUr mission president told us quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson " When you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen. I know that God wants to help us become everything we want to become. I'm so grateful.
It was -17 degrees when I got here and then it got really warm.. all the way to 0 degrees:) and now it's back to -7... I think i'm getting used to it. I'm so confused though so anyone who knows the answer please let me know.. why is there no frost or ice on the windows of cars here in the morning.. it's so cold and we never have to defrost.. why? So heres something embarrassing i've been struggling with.. we always talk on speaker phone and it doesn't hang up when you close it.. so i would make a call... close the phone and be like oh no i forgot to leave are number or I sounded so dumb.. and then I realize that it's still going.. so people have been left some pretty funny messages by me. Well I love you all and I really really need to see some pics soon.. I miss all the little ones so much.. it kills me that I can't hold babies! I know the gospel is true. Make a decision about something you want to change and the universe will conspire to make it happen. Lots of Love. Hoda ha fez! that means bye bye
Sister Savage:D
From Sister Savage
From Sister Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment