Monday, March 1, 2010

Letter 7

What a week! i'll start with tracting news.. tracting is such an adventure. We tracted into a lady and she was the most animated person ever. People like telling there life stories but she acted hers out as well. She broke her leg really bad last year and she was telling us all about it and then before I knew it she had me turned around and was demonstrating how this lady picked her up and rubbed her down to keep her from going into shock.. my companion was trying really hard not to laugh and luckily I wasn't facing her cause i looked pretty confused/uncomfortable but that's what makes missionary work fun. A lot of people don't speak english and instead of saying "i'm not interested" they say "i'm not interesting." The other day someone said that and closed the door and my companion continued on to say to the closed door, well we think you're interesting you shouldn't be so hard on yourself.. we laughed pretty hard. We found a really cool carribean lady named Ingrid and we talked to her for awhile. She told us her heart was warmed.. ya for the spirit.. we're going back this wednesday. She told me there are sooo many Savages where she is from... maybe i'm meant to live in the Carribean! It snowed a ton this past week. My companion hates boots though so she refuses to wear them. The parking lot to the church was all snow and slush so I offered to give her a piggy back ride so she didn't get snow in her shoes.. it's a lot harder in dresses.. she jumped on and then just kinda slid of my back onto the ground.. good thing she has a good sense of humor.. we laughed for a long time. She's got a big bruise! Did you know that most of the squirrels here in canada are black.. and big.. and all over the place! They are like little ninja's running all over. They scare me sometimes.So Srini and his family are soo amazing! We decorated their apartment door because it was Pavan's (the sixteen year old boy) Birthday and they called us that night and you would have thought we gave them a million dollars. They are so grateful and humble. They came to church again and I'm so excited to keep teaching them. Do you remember me telling you about MArySusan? She is a lady i met my first week in Canada and we taught her twice and the spirit was really strong but then she called and told us she wasn't ready for anything new.. broke my heart. Well we haven't heard from her in three weeks and last night we had just turned off the lights to go to bed and she called us! Wow! We talked to her for an hour and she is so scared because she feels like she needs to turn to something and she thinks it's us but she is a devote Catholic and so it is very frightening for her. She has a lot of questions and we are going to start teaching her again. Super exciting. I thought she had written us off and here she has still been thinking about it these past three weeks. So many blessings. We had a meeting this week called skills and interviews and one of my Zone leaders shared a cool scripture. 1 Corinthians 9: 24 " Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receivieth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain." He had us change the word prize to gift. There are many gifts we want but there is no way we can get them unless we run! We each can obtain if we keep running. Run so that you find answers to your prayers. Run so that scripture study can bring you closer to Christ. Run so that you can be forgiven of your sins. SO RUN, THAT YE MAY OBTAIN! I know when we do our part the best we can we can obtain . Man all this running talk is making me tired. It's hard. I read a scripture in 2 Nephi 24: 3 that says. "And it shall come to pass in that day that the Lord shall give thee rest, from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve." We are made to serve in hard bondage sometimes, financially, emotionally, physically, spiritually. The Lord will give us rest. He is the only one who can liberate us. I love and pray for you all. Thank you so much for your prayers. wow this is a long one.
Love Sister SAvage
PS if you have written and i've not written back yet be patient with me i'm trying :) And if you haven't written me.. i could point out a few of you but I won't single you out like that.. i want to know what's happening in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment