Monday, March 8, 2010

Letter 8

So we had to switch our email addresses this morning.. what a joke.. after 30 minutes we finally got elder phillips to help us out. It has been a great week. my first transfer is over and I just can't believe it! I'm so glad to be staying here in Don Valley.. it's been wonderful here! I had a funny slash scary experience the other night cause we were walking up to an apartment building and my companion was having some anxiety because transfer time stresses her out and she was like i feel like something bad is going to happen and I was like... right now? And right when i said that this man ran up behind us.. you should have seen me scamper off.. he felt really bad and said i'm sorry i didn't mean to scare you.. it was pretty funny. I'm sure jumpy! The other day we were playing sports and one of the elders got nailed in the face with a soccer ball and then we accidently ran over his foot in our car... he's ok though. I've eaten some fun stuff this week. Sister Simpson from Scotland fed us meat pie and haggas.. which isn't as bad as i've heard. Sister Shah fed us rice, corned beef and cabbage, split pea sauce, hot sauce and yogurt all mixed together. I bet you feel bad for me but don't it was delicious! She is from Trinidad and is awesome.. we helped her clean and she kept on saying it was a miracle and she almost cried.. such a sweet lady. Srini and his family are praying about being baptized! They are such an amazing family. Yesterday Pavani the 10 year old girl said the prayer and it was the sweetest thing. She is usually so soft spoken but when she started praying she spoke right up and said how grateful she was for us coming over and teaching about the steps we need to take and for the Book of Mormon. They are an amazing family. Keep them in your prayers. We saw Marysusan and she was shaking really bad because she is trying to quit drinking. She said she didn't drink at all when she read the Book of Mormon and she didn't drink the whole hour we were there so that is awesome! I have to go but I love you all so much. Writing is hard to do but i'm doing my best! thanks for your love and support it means so much! The gospel is true. I believe in Christ! Love Sister Savage :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Savage family,
    I am a member in the Toronto area. I live in Burlington, about 40 KM from Toronto. Jana Savage was one of my missionaries many years ago while I was at school in Kingston, Ontario. She also attended our wedding in Hawaii.
    I would be happy to drop in and see the current Sister Savage if you like. It would be fun to meet Jana's contemporary Canadian mission field replacement. Let me know if you would like me to meet with your Sister Savage and I will put together a care package and arrange to meet her.
    thanks,
    Ruth Jarvis

    ReplyDelete