Monday, April 12, 2010

April.. let me refer to my planner.. 12 (Letter 13)

Hello! Well this has been a very very great week! I loved General conference and then we went to the temple on Thursday. The peace there is so amazing. As a missionary you don't really sit for that long ever and it was so wonderful to be in the Temple and feel so calm. I love the temple. I read a scripture while i was there and I can't remember where but it said not to be afraid for i am in your midst, You truly can feel the Savior in your midst at the temple. Sunday we met with the indian family we've been teaching and watched finding faith in Christ and after I asked how they felt and Srini and Sarah immediately said it's true. We are working for them to be baptized may 2! That will be such an amazing day cause thats your birthday barb and i'm soo glad you were born plus it will be an amazing blessing for a really amazing family to be baptized. Keep them in your prayers! I can't tell you how happy they make me! They came to cake auction activity sat night and loved it! It is wonderful to see them fit in so well and enjoy church so much. I asked pavan the 16 boy what he had done that day and he said I've prayed twice and i'm going to again before I go to bed :) At first i thought he said played and but when i said played what he said no I prayed and it made my day! Then another huge miracle. We had a missionary musical fireside last night and it was amazing. There are so many talented missionaries. Marysusan who we've been trying to get to stuff for weeks but she always cancels right before came and she loved it. We've been truly blessed. This is the most humbling and rewarding work ever. I've never felt so much responsibilty but so much assistance at the same time. I was talking to the mission president about how sometimes i feel like i'm not enough.. and he told me flat out that really that attitude is the same and thinking that the Savior isn't enough.. and he is and therefore I am. So it was great to be reminded that I do know that with the Savior's help i'm enough.. we're all enough. Focus on him and how with him all things are possible and there is no way we can fail. I'm so grateful to know the truthfulness of gospel and I know that I have so much to change and learn but i'm excited! Thank you for your prayers on my behalf, I KNOW they are making a huge difference. I'm so thankful for your support and love and I love you more and more each day i'm gone. I'm excited for eternity with all of you! I hope you can understand this.. when i type fast everything just runs together!
Love Sister Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment