Monday, April 19, 2010

Two transfers already! (Letter 14)

So transfer calls were last night and i'm staying in Don Valley with Sister Simons! yay! I love it here. We have a great Zone and we're working with such great people so i'm excited to have at least another six weeks here! It was a pretty normal week till saturday. On saturday we taught english class and then we met this lady at the church who had called the elders and wanted to meet with missionaries. She talked for about two hours and us for about ten minutes.. there really was no way to stop it.. we tried to end the conversation but she'd start reciting something or talking about something else. Sweet lady but she had a lot of conspiracy theories all involving her. so then we went to the Duodo's for dinner they are an amazing family from Ghana. She fed us foo foo in peanut butter soup with meat chunks in it... the soup and meat i liked a lot but the foo foo was a struggle for me. It didn't taste like much but it was like this big white potato glue ball.. we got to eat with our hands which was fun. I was trying to take big bites of foo foo to finish it quick but I couldn't swallow sometimes. Then our lovely mission president's wife came out teaching for the evening. Our first appointment wasn't there so we were writing a note when marysusan called and wanted us to come over. It was great to have sister Eyre there because she has a lot more in common with marysusan. Then we went and taught srini and his family the word of wisdom and it was awesome! Oh ya something exciting did happen before sat on friday i met up with someone aunt Jana met on her mission, Ruth Jarvis! It was way fun to sit and chat.. she is awesome and brought us flowers and pure maple syrup. Oh and saturday afternoon a member of the bishopric called and asked me to give ten minute talk on the restoration the next day.. so even though it was last minute is was ok because I talk about the restoration all the time! we dropped by Srini again last night and they invited us to eat dinner with them... wow it was some spicy indian food but really good. They just sat and laughed at us.. Sister Simons was struggling more than me and we did look pretty funny. Our eyes were watering and we were sniffing a lot. I kept finding myself blowing on it like that would help some how but it wasn't that kind of hot. I love to spend time with this family. We talked to them and they really do want to get baptized but they are nervous about telling their families in India.. it's a big change but we told them to keep praying and have faith that everything will work out. So this morning we did laundry and when I went to get my cloths out of the dryer they were still soaking wet! It didn't work and we didn't have any more money on our laundry card. bummer. We played sports today at a park for Zone lunch and I think I got a little sunburned which is nice cause I love the sun! We will hopefully have time today to go buy some summer clothes cause all of mine are for winter and it's getting way to warm. I really love and appreciate all of you. I love this experience and opportunity and privelage so much! I hope all the best for you all! Keep in touch!
Love SIster SAvage!

No comments:

Post a Comment