Monday, April 26, 2010

Letter 15

So I'm kinda an emotional mess at the moment... which yes means there are quite a few people at this library wondering whats wrong with me but no need to worry i'm mostly just sooo grateful! I'm so happy to hear Britton got here safely and that Laurie's delivery went so well... but man do i want to hold him! I just can't express how much happiness my family brings me and it's hard to be away but I know that Sacrifice brings for the blessings of heaven! We had wonderful and challenging things happen this week. THe family we're working with is still progressing amazingly but they said it's the wrong time to talk to their families in india and they are very afraid of what will happen when they do and so their baptism is going to be pushed back until they tell them because they don't want to do it behind their backs. It's hard because we want them to recieve the blessings of baptism so much but we also understand how important family is and why is so hard for them. Pray for them. They say in india it's very community and family centered so they are afraid they will think they are turning their backs on them. Pavani's birthday party was saturday night and we gave her the book of mormon stories book and the next day she had read 11 chapters! And Srini and Sara are progressing so much with the Word of Wisdom.. so many miracles are happening. They are so fun. They fed us so much food again and this time we ate with our hands. I didn't know that there was a right way to do that so my companion and I just went at it with both hands and i couldn't figure out how to do it without sticking my whole hand in my mouth. They gave us a demonstration and you should of heard Srini chear when I finally got it! Another huge miracle is that our investigator went to the addiction recovery program! We went with her because she is was scared and it was amazing! I haven't felt the spirit that strong in awhile and I know it's because of the amount of humility in the room. These people have so much courage to come and turn to God for help for all sorts of addictions. One girl wasn't addicted to any substance but had had some really negative experiences growing up and she needs help applying the atonement. The booklet they give is so wonderful both sister simons and I wanted one after. Our investigator absolutely loved it and is excited to go again and has been doing the booklet. I can't tell you how happy it makes us to have her call and be upset that she can't find Moses and not for all the other reasons she usually calls us. She is really progressing a lot. I really encourage anyone who is struggling with an addiction or even if you are addicted to negative thinking about yourself or you need help forgiving someone to go to these meetings or get the manual. It is very powerful. I'm so thankful for the atonement. I'm so thankful to be sharing this message and hear people say i've felt a difference as i prayed or i found an answer in this book... AMAZING. A big thing they talked about in the meeting is about how we can't dwell in the past.. theres nothing we can do to change it and we can't dwell in the future because no matter what we can't control it, we have to dwell in the present and then we will succeed and find happiness everyday. One of my favorite scriptures i've memorized is 2 Timothy 2: 7 " For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind." Don't be afraid to do what needs to be done to grow, with God you are powerful and he will help us stay sane! I love you all so much! I know that there are many blessings in store if we live righteoussly and ask for them! Love me!

No comments:

Post a Comment