Monday, May 3, 2010

May 3rd already! Letter16

Happy birthday yesterday my sweet Barbara sister! Spring in Canada is very nice and unpredictable. Someday's it's sunny and humid and really warm other days it's chilly and rainy and WinDy!! Sister Simons was having the hardest time keeping her skirt down the other day.. it was pretty funny. The blossoms and leaves are awesome though... everything is so green! I'm really excited this is such a beautiful place when it's all alive. We played ultimate frisbee outside the other morning and it was soo nice. I love being outside. This past week was really good. I found another accent that i just can't understand and that is people from Nigeria.. good thing my companion has figured out how to tell what people are saying. Eli gave me a persian candy at church yesterday and it was yucky.. The persian people have amazing food but when it comes to cookies and candies I don't know what happened. Their cookies are like sand and whatever I ate yesterday tasted like soap. She is so sweet though she has to go back to Iran next week and I'm sad about that. She has been such a fun person to get to know and she's so faithful.
We had our Zone Conference which was exactly what I needed. It was all about not being afraid to jump in and just do the work and also about waiting patiently. Every month we pick a Christlike attribute to work on and last month was patience and I sure got what i was praying for. The best way to learn patience is to have a lot of things try your patience. I know that God's hand is in all things. His timing is the best it's just not the easiest. Pavani gave a talk in primary yesterday and it was amazing! She has almost finished the childrens Book of Mormon. I love the people we are teaching so much. Srini and Sara fasted for the first time yesterday and Srini came up to me at church all shocked and said " I don't even feel like fasting!" meaning he wasn't even hungry and he was pretty amazed. We watched the Prophet of the Restoration movie with them and talked about how we have to sacrifice sometimes for what is right and I think they are coming to understand that being baptized isn't going to be easy but it's what they should do. The scriptures are amazing. We are blessed everyday to have the opportunity and freedom to learn from them and it makes me think how easy it is to not take advantage of that. We truly come to know God and Jesus Christ when we study the scriptures and live what they teach. I love you all so much. I am so excited to talk to you soon. Keep doing the small stuff that will make an eternal difference. Love me :)
Dear Mom I haven't sent you a letter yet so it'll probably come after mothers day but I can't wait to talk to you I love you so much and i'm so grateful you are my mother. You've taught me so much about being compassionate and it has blest me so much as a missionary.
From Sister Savage

1 comment:

  1. Wow I made the Savage II blog ! Glad to hear that Laurie had her baby safely, some day I may get to meet Laurie and her family on their way to visiting Monica. All the best to the Savage family and especially to Monica who is doing so well on her mission.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete