Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Letter 17

What a blessed week. I was so giddy yesterday after I got to talk to you all... except don't worry paul I know that you somehow slipped through the cracks :) HI! My gratitude for you all is at a peak in my life. Being away makes me realize just how blessed I am. Wow. Thanks for all you do! This past week I had the opportunity to go on an exchange to Weston. It's more downtown and it's a bus area. It was such an adventure and I loved it. I'm hoping I get sent to a bus area next because I felt much more like a missionary because there are constantly people to talk with and you walk a lot more which is nice. The car always makes me sleepy and we drive past a lot of people and I think i wish I was talking to them! It was an even greater adventure because it was downpouring almost the whole time I was there. I love walking in the rain and the sound it makes on the umbrella and the lightening and thunder! It was effective in contacting people too because I was standing waiting to cross the street and I looked over and there was a man standing under my umbrella with me.. he smiled and we got to talking. It was raining really hard. we got on the bus and he was very receptive it was funny he said "thank goodness it was raining or I wouldn't have met you" He was very nice. I was thinking about how the gospel is like an umbrella in the storm of life... people who don't have it are looking for it and if you let them under the umbrella you can bless them so much. People see a difference in those who live what they believe.. they are wondering if you would mind helping them to find that difference. Most won't just hop under with you without asking so we need to invite others to enjoy the protection and blessing of coming unto Christ. We still get wet but an umbrella makes a substantial difference. I stepped in a mammoth puddle running after the bus and my shoe was soaked. just like we still face trial as members of the church but we know that if we keep walking and enduring the sun will come out and our shoes won't be wet forever. Compared to the buses in Russia these ones were really nice. They actually stop for more than one second :) I love being a missionary. I have so much to improve upon but right now i'm so excited to move forward! I love you all and I hope you all are searching and finding and sharing your testimony.
Love Sister Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment