Monday, May 17, 2010

physically and spiritually stuffed! Letter 18

This past week i've eaten more food than I have my whole life I think. Last monday we had a farewell party for Eli who is a persian sister who has to go back to Iran for five months and a birthday party for Elder Neff... Sister SHah made sooo much food. It was really fun though. Then we went to sister Rajasooriars and she made chicken ala kin and I'm pretty sure that is mentioned in Alladin.. it was really good. She gave us some Sri lanka treats that were interesting :) Sister Rider took us out for Greek food which was really yummy and she bought three desserts for us to try. I had baklava which I believe is also mentioned in alladin. It was yummy. Sister Simeon had us over that night and gave us phillipino food.. she made some yummy spring rolls. We had a rice cake thing for dessert that was interesting but tasty. Then yesterday Darlington our ward mission leader had a farewell lunch for Elder Neff because he is leaving and he is from africa and his wife is from the phillipines and they made soooo much food! There was foo foo, and some noodley meat thing, and fish, and oxtail and she made these little shrimp balls and they had tiny shrimp eggs.. blessedly they were way smaller the the fish eggs i tried in Russia so I was able to manage swallowing them. Then we went and saw Srini and they gave us a traditional Indian breakfast food called idli and it is like little rice pancakes saucer things. and you dip them in this spicy sauce.. who would of thought spicy in the morning. I just wrote so much about food but it has been a big part of my week! There was a pretty cool thing that happened. the sister in the office who is over referals just found this envelope with some old forms in it on her desk and she didn't know where it came from. Turns out it was a family that was taught about two years ago that made it to the day they were going to be baptized but then backed out. We went and found them and they are awesome. THey are from Romania and almost fed us cabbage but it wasn't done yet. They reminded me a lot of Russian people. They were very willing to let us in and said that they had just been talking about how great it was when they were involved in the church. We said a prayer with them and after he said it's been a long time since we've had a prayer.. it's good! They are going to start coming to church again. Srini and his family are great but still so worried about their family.. they know they will be happy here but they are afraid of how the community will treat their families in india. Srini told us I know there is only one God, I believe what you have taught us, I believe in Christ... It's amazing to hear them bear testimony! I love this work. I love the people we meet. I love all of you! I'm so grateful to be here. I'm way behind on responding to letters but thank you so much to those who write i love it and i'm trying to catch up! Sorry! Keep on keeping on and be happy! I love you!
Love Sister Savage

1 comment:

  1. I just found this blog, while looking up where my daughter Sister Lacey Titus is laboring. I am so excited to read about your daughters mission in the same mission as my daughter.She has been out 6 months and loves the Toronto East mission. How long has Sister Savage been out? Maybe they will be comp's one day. Right now she is in downtown Toronto in the Ossington ward area. I would love to hear from you anytime, my email is titustribe4ever@gmail.com My name is Melanie Titus from Roy, UT

    ReplyDelete