Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 25th Letter 19

Hello! Wow we've been meeting a lot of interesting people lately. It's been a great opportunity to really focus on what I believe and testify and feel the peace. That's how I know the gospel is true because peace is hard to come by and the peace it brings is such a wonderful witness of it. I've been thinking a lot about how we progress. The answer is prayer and work. Lots of effort. Elder Bednar said, "AS disciples of the Savior, we are not merely striving to know more, rather, we need to CONSITENTLY DO MORE of what we know is right and become better." I love that. Another quote I love says, "if we don't try we don't do, if we don't do then why are we here?" That applies so much to missionary work and so much to life. If we aren't accomplishing things that bring us closer to God then why are we here? We don't have to everything we just have to always be doing something to be a little better. I'm so grateful to know what I know and I just hope and pray that if there are things you don't know for sure you put forth the effort to know.. "And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32 There is nothing more liberating than a personal testimony. It's sometimes easy to rely on others but real freedom comes from knowing for yourself. It is such my desire to help people to feel the freedom the gospel brings. I love you all. I am thankful for your prayers I feel them and I need them. I feel like thins is kinda a heavy email. I'm trying to think of something funny that happened this week.... Well we were all playing frisbee the other morning and there was about four of us going for it and all of us fell... i caught it and ended up sitting on top of the other elders that had fallen.. whoops! I sure stood up quick and I was as red as a beet. Dad it reminded me of my first soccer game when I fell and sat right on the ball and there was like seven little girls surrounding me and kicking at the ball and I could hear you yelling "that's right just take a rest monica!" haha. I've also tried getting into the wrong car a few times.. my companion never tries to stop me because she thinks it's funny. We have a great time together. She goes home next transfer. Weird! Transfers are this sunday so i'm anxious to see what's going to happen! Take care and be happy!
Sister Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment