Monday, June 21, 2010

Letter 23

Well the weeks are picking up speed here in the country. I'm learning so much. I can't believe how much I have to be grateful for! Something I've been podering a lot is David and Goliath. I read about it because I was thinking how was David so confident that God would help him. It talks about how he used previous experiences where God had helped him kill a bear and a lion so he knew God could help him. He didn't go up to Goliath and toss stones at him( Sometimes I feel like that's what I do) He knew God would deliver him. He say's to Goliath in Samuel chapter 17:47 "And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the Lord's and he will give you into our hands." Wow. The battle is the Lords! So What are the Goliaths you face? What do you feel is unconquerable and how can you face those things with confidence. Remember what God has done for you in the past remember how he has strengthened you.. don't doubt. I also got thinking about Shadrach, meshach, and abed-nego. I substituted some words in so they applied to missionary work but you could do it for anything. Daniel Chapter 3:17-18. "If it be so, Our God whom we serve is able to deliver investigators, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O Discouragement. BUT IF NOT, be it known unto thee, O discouragement, that I we will not stop sharing the gospel!" so I changed it quite a bit. But it's so true. Someone gave an awesome talk in General Conference awhile ago about BUT IF NOT. We just have to have faith. The church is true. The gospel changes hearts. All is well. Be happy and change something if you aren't. I love you all. Dad I hope you had a wonderful fathers day and I would like to say that you make me soooo happy!
Love Sister Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment