Monday, November 29, 2010

Helpful quotes

I thought I'd just write some quotes i've been given that have been helping me along. I'm ok as can be expected. I can't tell you how much i appreciate the love and support and I'm sorry if I can't get back as quickly as I'd like. I haven't got mail for a while and I hear it's piling up so it will take me awhile to get on top of things. I LOVE YOU ALL
"Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight." -Rossiter Worthington Raymond (that's a big name)
" To live in hearts we leave behnd is not to die." -Thomas Campbell
"Hope [through Jesus Christ] stands quietly with us at funerals. Our tears are just as wet, but not because of despair. Rather, they are tears of heightened appreciation evoked by poignant separation. Those tears of separation change, ere long, becoming tears of glorious anticipation." -Elder Maxwell
"Mourning is one of the deepest expressions of love. The Lord said, " thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the loss of them that die"(D&C 42:45) The only way to take sorrow out of death is to take love out of life." True to the faith
"People are often unreasonalbe, illogical, and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulerior motives:

Be kind anyway.

If you are succussful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies:

Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;

Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;

Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;

Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;

Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;

Give the world the best you have anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God;

It was never between you and them anyway."

Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment