Saturday, March 26, 2011

3/21/2011 Changes

Life is always changing. I am leaving downtown and going to Scarborough... it's a mix between my first area and here I think. I will be with Sister Arnold who has been out two transfers. She is from Australia so that will be fun. I will have a car which actually is a lot of responsibility and I think we'll still walk a lot cause I like walking. This week was a good one. We had a pasta overload which left us rather sick but we're doing better. We had Filipino spaghetti fri night which is spaghetti with hot dogs in it and then sat lunch Elder and Sister Lindsey made spaghetti for all the missionaries and then we went to the relief society dinner where they had lots of lasagna. Then we had an appointment with a guy we met on the subway from Germany and his wife unexpectedly made us dinner which was pasta and cheese. SO much pasta! I sure love downtown. I love all the people and how there is never a dull moment! Elder Kearon spoke at our Zone Conference this week, I was happy to hear him speak 3 times while he was here. I am a fan. He and his wife just radiate love and it's wonderful. I am so thankful for the scriptures and for all the wonderful words of our Church leaders. they make me so happy.I hope all is well with you. All the horrible stuff going on around the world reminds me of something mom taught me that has helped me understand physical disasters and strife more. She explained to me after the tsunami in (was it Thailand or Sri Lanka I can't remember) that Physical death isn't the worse thing... that has been overcome for everyone but when God's children spiritually die then that is what is really sad. that's when they choose to be separate from him. That doesn't lessen the pain or suffering we experience but it helps us turn tragedy into triumph. Some man just walked up to me and asked if I was Mormon and how do men support all of their wives. I love being a missionary and sharing the truth of the restored gospel. Thanks for all your love and support.. I can feel it!


Love Sister Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment