Monday, March 28, 2011

I'm itching for spring!!!!

So the sun came out but it's still sooo cold! It's like spring is tricking us. It will come though. That's comforting. So moving area's has been pretty... hmmm.. I'm not even sure how to describe it. I've felt quite numb.. I think that's a blessing. It was hard to leave downtown and all the people because they were all so aware even if I had never said anything and now I'm with a whole new lot of people and I just dread questions or having to tell people... I usually handle it quite well but there have been a few time where I just crumble inside when I talk about it. This ward seems really awesome though. Lots of fun people and I'm glad to have a new start. My companion is great she was born in England and then has lived in Australia for a long time so her accent is a mix.. it's fun. My last companion and I got into the habit of talking in accents just for fun and now i keep doing it because sister Arnold is always talking in an accent. She says I have a very proper English accent. Our apartment is a basement apartment and is very quite and dark at night.. so I've been sleeping better... running into more stuff though when I do get up. There are a lot more kids in this ward and it is so hard cause I just want to hold them! Sister Arnold says I'm clucky... I like the words she uses. This random little boy came up and gave me a big hug and a long one yesterday and it was so sweet. random crazy stuff happens here too. We were tracting and down the hall we heard this door open and then saw someones very serious looking face peek out and just kept staring at us and going in and out and so then I started to walk towards them and said hello and they slowly pulled there face in and shut the door.. didn't say anything. It was kinda creepy. We have had some really great surprise lessons and investigators which is great. We see lots of tender mercies. I heard a quote I like.. " I attribute my success in life to this: I never gave or took an excuse." Florence Nightingale. I am trying to adopt this in my life. I don't like excuses and I've seen how just accepting facts and moving forward is best. I kinda wondered though cause some things aren't excuses they are reality and then it's hard to tell whether I'm making an excuse or just having to deal with what I'm experiencing. I am not sure if what I am saying makes any sense. Anyway all is well. I'm thankful for you all! I love you! Don't let anything hold you back from growing and loving and forgiving and being more like our Savior. It's all about love. I've decided that as things get worse in the world we have to love more and more so that we can handle it! Have a great week. I can't wait for conference!


Love Sister Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment