Monday, April 4, 2011

A novel:)

This is going to be long one cause I just loved Conference and I kept wanting to call someone and tell them what I was feeling. So many of the talks were just for me! I usually can pick a couple favorites but I just couldn't this time. Jean A stevens talk reminded me of my sweet nieces and nephews who have taught me so much about faith and I miss them so much. She said that sometimes life experiences rob us of our childlike faith- I've felt that but in thinking of all the sweet children I've known helped renew my faith. I remember asking a little girl how she felt about God and she said He is my hero. Her simple faith increased mine. Walter F Gonzalez tlaked of the power of love-love is my favorite. Kent F. Richards shared the purpose of pain and reminded me that it is a privelege to become more aquainted with the Savior through our pain. Oh and then Quentin L.cook addresses a concern I had developed just that morning. I read in Timothy that women should be in silence and not be allowed to teach-ouch. but then his sweet talk assured me of the equality of men and women and the divine role I have as a woman. I love how Henry B Eyring called us to action in serving and loving the work. Boyd K packers talk about leaving int a lon made me yearn for the many people I've met who have been offended and can't let it go. Letting go isn't easy but it's liberating. Russel M. Nelson spoke of how death is a part of life and assured me my prayers are heard and heavenly fathers promised to answer them. I also like when he spoke of the angels around us. Richard j. Maynes talked of celestial traditions as families and wonderful memories of family scriptures and prayer came. Especially when I was little and would kneel in the middle of the circle and everyone would do a family kiss at the end of the prayer and they'd all kiss me... I'm pretty sure i'm not making that up but i just got a little worried. Cecil O Samuelson jr said we can't have higher expectations for others than we do for ourselves. Also that when we are too hard on ourselves it can be as bad as being to casual. Dallin H Oaks spoke of desire and making our greatest desires help us overcome our physical ones. This hit home especially when he talked of sleep... I have been praying for help with that one and Heavenly Father has been blessing me. Wow Even my sleeping problems were addressed. M Russell Ballards talk was helpful. It applies so well to missionary work. We talked to a couple who served there mission in africa and they said everyone they taught got baptized. Those are th ekind of big nuggets I had hoped to find on my mission but now I see i have a wonderful bag of gold flakes and I am so grateful for every flake. Dieter F utchdors talk was wonderful I am guilty of waiting too long on the road to damascus and I see how moving forward and striving to be the answers to other peoples prayers will help answer our own. Paul V Johnson talked of why we face trials and how we will be tested with what matters most to us. Thats true. Our family is the most tender and treasure thing in my life and losing mom didn't tug at my heart strings it cut them all to pieces. BUt I know that they will be healed and made even stronger. David A Bednar analogy on light was very illuminating:) WE have to appreciate the gradual revelation instead of begging for the light switch.President monson talked of how temple attendance will help us withstand all of life's problems. I'm excited to go more often someday. Ruchar G scott spoke of the powerful motivation our deceased loved ones have on us to be with them again. I loved hearing of the sweetness in his marriage.. love makes even death ok because we know it never ends. D Todd Christofferson shared the current bush stary which I love. God loves us enough to cut us down. Lynn G robbins confused me at first with all his to be's and to do's but I loved that message of being and not just doing. Benjamin Hoyos our understanding my not be as deep as our testimiony. That's true I don't know how but I now Christ atoned for all of us. C. Scott Grow talked of the miracle of the atonement and how I'm so thankful for the effect it 's had on my and on so many that I love. Elder Hollands talk was what I was feeling. I once wrote a paper on the phenomenon of migrations but woah general conference is way more phenomenal! I kept turning to my companion and saying why isn't every one a member of the church this is amazing. I loved the prophets last words of the empty linen and tomb.. How grateful I am for the resurrection. As you can tell I learned so much and had so many prayers answered! IT was great. I was glad we had some come but it made it so hard when people didn't show up cause it was just so great. I love you all so much! I think you are amazing.. next week i'll write of another important lesson I learned this weekend. Have a great day! I'd love to hear your thoughts on conference as well and how all you are doing!


Love Sister Savage

This was written so fast and so please excuse all my mistakes :)
This is a picture of my and my new companion sister Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment