Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A piece of cake week-liter​ally!

So I don't mean it was an easy week but I mean that we ate soooooooo much cake this week. It was sister Arnold's birthday and we made a cake and people gave us cakes and we made other cakes for other peoples birthdays and we just ate cake all week. Breakfast, Lunch, dinner. It's getting a little springier which I am grateful for. Easter was nice.. I had to speak in church and it was an emotional time but I sure feel different this Easter. I am just so thankful for the Atonement and resurrection. I know they are real. I am thankful that we don't have to do this alone. I have been thinking a lot about how important our thoughts and attitudes are towards ourselves and others. This is quote that I like and I dedicate it to you dad cause it made me think of you,


" A good thing to remember

A better thing to do

Work with the construction gang

Not with the wrecking crew"

We need to focus on building up not tearing down. I think of what you would always say dad.. are you part of the problem or part of the solution. I am amazed at how often I hear others and myself tearing down what we should be building up. I learned a lot this week. We saw really big blessings amongst our challenges and it was wonderful. thanks for all your prayers. I feel them. I am so blessed. I don't have very much time but know how much I love you!

Love Sister Savage

Oh we still haven't caught those silly mice... they don't like anything! We think we have them trapped in the furnace room.. hopefully.. we haven't seen any the last two days. I just can't believe how smart and tricky they are. I have another rodent story. We were driving home and we had ten minutes and we were thinking what can we do when we saw this raccoon that had knocked over someones compost garbage bin and was rummaging through it. We decided to scare it off as an act of service. So I drove up real close and the lights were right on it and it just stared at us while it's little hands kept on rummaging through the garbage. It wasn't scared at all. finally it walked off and we picked up there garbage. I just couldn't believe how defiant that raccoon was. I heard Toronto has more raccoons than any where in the world. I'm not sure if it's true... you should look it up and let me know.. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Savage II:
    It's not Toronto racoons particularly, but all racoons in Ontario I think. The little darlings here in Burlington, about 25 miles west of Toronto are just as defiant. We heard one trying to break into our compost bin last week, turned the lights on the area, and stepped outside. The racoon looked pretty annoyed that we would interrupt, so we retreated. My parents, who live in Bracebridge (150 miles north) put bricks on their garbage lid to keep the masked marauders from getting in. The racoons were so mad, they pooped all over the lid. Nice eh? Oh, Canada. The true north wild and furry!

    ReplyDelete