Friday, May 6, 2011

Hello again

Still no mice in the traps but we haven't seen any for a week. We had a funny experience last night. We live in a basement apartment and we have to walk down these stairs by the side of the house so I started down them and then at the bottom I saw this huge raccoon ( I think it's the same one) Blocking the way we had a stare down... we weren't sure what to do so we went and sat in the car. our district leader called and we gave him our numbers and he just said to scare the raccoon but it's impossible to scare that thing and we hear they are really mean. We had to end up knocking on the door and asking if we could go through the house. Our landlord is pretty funny he was like don't you know all you have to do is politely ask it to move and it will.. we've trained it like that. He's going to talk to the neighbor about not leaving the food bin out. We had a good week. We had a couple days where nothing worked out and a couple days where everything worked out and then some in between days. We are teaching a family from Jamaica a mom and her three kids and they are wonderful but didn't come to church again.. man that hurts. We have also met a family from Haiti and two families from India. It's wonderful to teach families but hard to get them to church! Missionary work is the best. The other day I went to call someone who was baptized last year and his name is Kevin so I just found the contact in the phone and called it. It didn't sound like the Kevin I knew so I asked for Kevin and he was like this is Kevin and I was like no it's not.. I then spent a minute telling this man that he didn't sound like Kevin so he couldn't be Kevin.. I finally realized it was a different Kevin that hasn't been to church in a long time. We had a good laugh about it in the end but I was pretty embarrassed. I am so grateful for all the experiences I've had- the awkward, wonderful, weird, enlightening, tiring, exciting, sad, happy, frustrating, peaceful moments as a missionary. I love it. I'm grateful for all you. I know that this gospel is true!


Love Sister Savage

Oh and happy birthday Barbara ( you're one of the lucky ones I actually remember in time to include in my email:) I'm sorry I don't remember more often for all of those that I forgot to wish A happy birthday I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment