Monday, May 30, 2011

All is well

It has been another great week in Toronto. I have some fun moments to share. I'll start with two funny ones. We were tracting in an apartment building and two young girls from Africa were jump roping. They just had one rope so they were jumping together.. it was pretty impressive. They asked us a lot of questions about God and followed us down the hall and we could hear them saying lets do our routine for them and so they did some tricks. It made me miss being little and playing. We were on the 2nd to last door and one of the girls said, "wow no one really wants to listen to you, that's pretty rude, I mean Jesus saved them." I wish we just taught kids sometimes.. they understand so much more than adults. They made it a point to make sure we knew that they liked talking to us. They made tracting really fun. Another story we were teaching a family and they can get pretty load. we were doing a lesson about how everyone needs the gospel where ever they are from and I was trying to get things on track and I loudly said everyone needs the garbage instead of everyone need the gospel... well so much for trying to calm everyone down. I still can't figure out where the word garbage came from. My brain is struggling a little. Like the other day I had written that we had an appointment with someone named Tintu but I could not find his information ANYWHERE! We never figured it out and I was distraught that I had dropped the ball on that one. Well after a teaching appointment we were waiting for the elevator and out walks a man and he was like hey how are you and neither of us recognized him but guess what it was Tintu!! We were so happy and got his information again and it was awesome. I love all the little miracles we experience everyday! The people we are teaching right now are so prepared it's amazing. The members are involved and they love church it's so great. We have investigators paying tithing and wanting to be missionary's and they aren't even baptized yet.. this area is really blessed right now. We had 5 investigators at church and it wasn't even that stressful because every time I looked someone was talking to them making them feel welcome. It's getting close to the east and west combination of the mission which is really weird. Although at first I was a little unsure if I could make it another six weeks I'm really grateful to have another transfer. It's weird that I would be coming home in just a couple weeks. I really do love being a missionary. I have learned so much. I wanted to share a quote I read by Elder Holland, " If there is anyone in the room who thinks this experience is not easy, welcome to the Church. Welcome to the gospel. Welcome to the life of the Apostles and Prophets. Welcome to the life of the Savior, who knows quite a bit about cups from which one does not want to drink, and paths that one does not particularly want to walk....I have come to this conclusion: salvation is not an easy experience. IT was never meant to be easy, and it never has been easy. It was not easy or painless for the Son of God himself, of whom you are to testify. And if i am going to be His missionary, if I'm going to declare His truth and His church, I cannot ask to avoid completely the pain that He felt or the tears that He shed, or the sorrow that He saw.... I'm asking you, as I ask myself, not to ask to get by without paying at least some little piece of that price." This quote brought a lot of perspective to me and a lot of peace. It's OK for things to be hard because that's part of the plan. We just have to knuckle down and do it and not ask to not have to. I'm so grateful to all the wonderful examples I have of others who have payed a little of that price and not complained about it. I'm so thankful for my Savior for showing me that all things can be overcome... not always avoided but always overcome through Him. I love you all. Have a great day! love me

No comments:

Post a Comment