Friday, June 10, 2011

Hello!

We have had some lovely weather. Things are still going well here. We are teaching amazing people who are coming to church and working towards being baptized and it's wonderful. Here are some of the funnies for the week. In sacrament meeting one of the deacons was waiting to go back up to the front but was standing a little close to the lady in front of him and accidentally was pouring water down her back.. his face was so funny but he stayed reverent. I'm always so impressed with the boys that pass the sacrament.. I don't know if you could find such reverent teen age boys anywhere else in the world. We went to dinner at a members house they are from Mexico and were asking my companion so many questions about Australia and the kangaroos. I guess they box each other so they were talking about that and all the sudden the six year old little boy said but what if those kangaroos beat your husband up. It was so cute. We had our last zone conference with our mission president this week which is so weird. We just found out we will be having another joined one with the other side of our new mission and elder Ballard is coming on Saturday so that is exciting. We also got to go to the temple and it was a beautiful day! I love temple trips but they often make me reflect on so much when I leave I get sad. I wish I could just stay all day in the temple. I read a poem the other day that I thought was pretty tender,


God looked around his garden

And He found an empty place,

He then looked down upon his earth

And saw your tired face,

He put His arms around you

And lifted you to rest,

God's garden must be beautiful

He always takes the best,

He knew that you were suffering

He knew that you were in pain

He knew that you would never

Get well on earth again,

He saw the road was getting rough

So He closed your weary eyelids,

And whispered "peace be thine"

It broke our hearts to lose you

But you didn't go alone

For part of us went with you

The day God called you home.



I thought a lot about mom while I was in the temple and I had such peace knowing that she isn't suffering and that she is happy and well and still a part of me and I'm a part of her. I'm just so grateful to know that. I love you all so much. I am yours and you are mine forever!

love me

Oh ya any mail being received after June 27 should be sent to my new mission office

Canada Toronto Mission

197 Country Court Blvd #203

Brampton ON L6W-2E2

No comments:

Post a Comment